Calendar Sync Considerations
- Calendar Sync works with Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, most modern versions of Outlook, and any calendar app that allows you to subscribe by URL.
- Calendar Sync is only updated in your calendar application when that application asks Taskfeed for an update. Different applications have a different frequency in which they will ask Taskfeed for updates. Some let you configure this so it's very frequent.
- Calendar sync is one-way: as Due Dates change in Taskfeed they will be updated on your Calendar; however, you cannot make edits to a Taskfeed task from your calendar app.
Getting your Taskfeed Calendar Sync URL
- From the Taskfeed tab open the left-hand navigation menu, then select My Settings from the bottom of the menu.
- Select the URL from the Calendar Sync section by highlighting and copying all of the text. This URL will then be pasted into your calendar application.
Apple Calendar / iCal Instructions
- Open the Calendar program (in Applications)
- From the File menu select New Calendar Subscription
- Paste the URL into Calendar URL field then click Subscribe
- Change the name and color (optional), and set the Auto-refresh frequency, then click OK
- The events should now appear in your calendar
- Enable Taskfeed External Sharing in your Org.
- From the Taskfeed tab, go to My Settings on the left-hand navigation menu. Copy the Calendar Sync URL.
- Open MS Outlook 365 to add your personal Taskfeed calendar URL.
- Go to Calendar, then click Add Calendar and select From Internet.
- Paste your Calendar link into the URL field. Click Add
- In the Folder Name box, enter the name of the calendar as you want it to appear in Outlook, and then click OK.
Google Calendar Instructions
Note: Google Calendar does not currently offer either a user-configured auto-refresh interval or a manual refresh option. Even though the Google Calendar interface has a refresh icon, this button does not update subscribed feeds in Google Calendar, only your local Google Calendar. Currently, subscribed calendars may take up to 8 hours to be updated in Google Calendar. It is recommended to subscribe using a different Calendar Application to benefit from more frequent updates.
- In the left column, click on the Add link in the Other Calendars section.
- From the menu select Add by URL.
- Enter the feed URL in the dialog box then click Add Calendar.