DependenciesDependencies allow Tasks one the same Board to be linked to one another. When Tasks have dependencies it makes scheduling the Tasks in the Plan view much easier. When you adjust the End Date of a Task with Dependents than those Dependents own Start and End dates are automatically adjusted. There is a new Lead/Lag field to define the number of days from the End of the predecessor the dependent Task should start.
Dependencies can be configured with Task Templates using two new fields (Reference__c and Predecessor_Reference__c). Reference provides a unique reference code to the Task which will allow dependent Tasks to reference it. The Predecessor Reference allows you to define the Task as dependent on another.
Example of a Task Template with references defined:
Name Reference__c Predecessor_Reference__c
Task 1 T1
Task 2 T2 T1
Task 3 T3 T2
In this example above each Task has a Reference defined which is like a shortcode for the Task for Taskfeed to use. When you want a Task to be dependent on another you define the predecessors reference code in the Predecessor Reference column.
New Template ManagementDefining Templates for Lists and Tasks was a little bit complicated. This is now easier. From the Taskfeed Template object you can create List or Task Templates and upload the CSV template file. There is a preview to check the contents of the template and to ensure its valid.
When creating a Template you can select the 'Type'. The 'Type' matches a new field on Board also called 'Type'. When creating a new Board a single List and Task template with the corresponding 'Type' will be used. This is great for defining different types of projects with different process and lists, also for automatically adding a base set of Tasks (e.g. Kick off call).
When creating a Template you can mark this as Default. Default will be used when no matching 'Type' template is found.
List Views in TaskfeedSalesforce allows you to define List Views. For example on the Taskfeed Task tab you can define your own view of Tasks. You can now use these same views in Taskfeed. From the Board Switcher there are now new options based on your Taskfeed Task List Views.
Template FieldsTemplates can be used to define the default values for any field on Lists or Tasks be referencing the fields 'Developer Name' (the one with __c at the end). Taskfeed also supports few special column definitions that make using Templates a little bit easier.
- Order - The number order the Task will appear on the List (the same as using Order__c)
- ListName - Relate the Task to a List by Name rather than by the List ID (e.g. 'In Progress')
- ListIndex - Relate the Task to a List by the Index the List appears on the Board (e.g. 0)
- StartDate - Special Version of Start_Date__c that allows the date to be defined as YYYY-MM-DD or you can use the keyword TODAY which will set the Start Date to todays date. You can also use TODAY+n which will set the Start Date to an offset from today. For example TODAY+1 will set the Start Date as tomorrow.
Visual Improvements to Plan View (Gantt View)This release includes a number of visual enhancements to the plan view.
- Grid removed to provide a cleaner view of the plan
- Borders removed from Bars to make the view less cluttered
- Task name now extend out of the Bar to make the name of Task more visible
- Board and List bars are now shown in a darker colour tone to identify them as different to Tasks