Organize Tasks with Taskfeed Categories
Taskfeed Categories provide a visual way of identifying or organizing your Tasks.
When you create a Category you also define a colour and a label. When a Task is given a particular Category, a coloured label is displayed on the task on the Board, the Inbox, and the Due Date views in the Taskfeed tab.
Implementation (green), Client Action Item (red) and Event (blue) are Taskfeed Categories created for this Org.
Tasks that have a Category will be colour coded in the Plan View:
How to Create a Category:
1. Navigate to the Taskfeed Categories tab from the App Launcher in Lightning Experience or All Tabs in Classic.
2. Click New to create a new Category.
3. Enter a Name for the Category
4. Enter a Color name or a hexadecimal code (HEX).
We recommend choosing from this list of colour names which will be supported by Taskfeed.
How to Assign a Category to a Task
2. Select one of the available Categories from the Category picklist.
Can I give Tasks a Category from a template?
Taskfeed Admin Users: Tasks can also have a corresponding Category predefined in a Task Template. Create a Category column on the task Template source file to enter a Category name (predefined in the Taskfeed Categories tab) for any task on a Task Template.