How to upload a Task Template source file into Taskfeed Templates
Taskfeed User Permissions Required to Create or Manage Taskfeed Templates:
Only Salesforce Users with a Taskfeed License and the Taskfeed Admin User permission set can see and access the Taskfeed Templates tab.
The Taskfeed Templates tab can be found in the Taskfeed App or from the App Launcher in Lighting Experience, or the All Tabs bar in Classic.
1. Prepare the CSV source file for the template.
⚠️If you have not created a Task Template CSV source file yet, follow these steps first.
2. Next, go to the Taskfeed Templates tab in your Salesforce Organization.
2. Click New for a new template.
3. Provide a descriptive name for the Template. Make it distinguishable for your users if you plan on uploading several templates.
4. Select Task for the Template Format.
5. Next, enter a Description for this template. This step is optional.
6. DO NOT select the Active or Default checkboxes. You will activate the template in the next step.
7. Click Save. This will take you to the next screen to upload the template CSV source file.
8. Click Choose File.
9. Select the template CSV source file saved in your computer or local storage drive.
10. Click Upload Template File.
A preview of your task template will then display on the page.
11. Select Validate Template File to check for any errors.
12. Now Activate the template to make it available for use: check the Active box located on the Taskfeed Template Detail section of the page.
13. Then click Save.
The Task Template is now ready for use.