If you create custom fields in Taskfeed Tasks or Taskfeed Boards, or you want to add existing fields that are not currently displayed on the page layout, you can add them to the record detail page layout but also in different parts of the application, such as the Taskfeed Task detail pane in the Taskfeed tab. Fields can be added to these Visualforce Pages in Field Sets, from the Setup menu.
Learn More about Field Sets in Salesforce.
To add a field to the Taskfeed Task record detail pane in the Taskfeed Tab:
|SALESFORCE USER PERMISSIONS NEEDED|
|To edit fieldsets from a managed package:||Customize Application|
If the field already exists or after you create a new custom field(s),
- Go to Salesforce Setup > Object Manager > Taskfeed Task Object
- Find the Field Sets section below Custom Fields & Relationships in Classic. In Lighting(below screenshot), the section will be on the left-hand menu under the management options for the Taskfeed Task object.
3. Click Edit next to Record Detail Pane
4. Drag the fields from the object palette and drop them into the In the Field Set container. The fields in the Available for the Field Set container are not initially visible on the Visualforce page. The fields in the Field Set container are visible by default.
5. Click Save.
To add a field to the Edit modal window in the Taskfeed tab:
1. Repeat steps 1 and 2 above,
2. Click Edit next to Edit Modal Fields
3. Repeat steps 4 and 5 above.
⚠️Taskfeed Board Lookup Relationship with Custom Objects:
If the lookup relationship on Taskfeed Board is with a custom object, ensure the field is also added on the Field Copy Field Set layout.