Using External Sharing to Share a Board with Someone Outside of Salesforce
External Sharing allows you to share Taskfeed Boards with anyone outside of Salesforce via a secure web link. Boards with External Sharing enabled will generate a unique URL that can be sent to anyone and grants the viewer "Read Only" access to the Board.
Note: Your Organization must have External Sharing configured by a Salesforce Administrator first.
Enabling External Sharing for a single Board
When a Board is created manually, it is set to Private by default, but you can change to Public in Advanced Options. Only Boards which have been set to Public can be shared with people outside of Salesforce.
- Select the Board name to open the Board context menu on the right-hand side pane, then click Edit.
- From the Edit Board dialog, select Advanced Options.
- then set the "External Sharing" option to Public.
- Click Save. The Board will reload with new sharing options available.
- From the Board header, click Sharing Options to copy the External Sharing URL.
6. Copy the link and share it with anyone to provide them with "Read-Only" access to the Board.
Tip : Use Bitly to shorten the URL or hyperlink a word or a headline when sharing Boards with your customer.
What is shared?
Tasks and subtasks that are not marked as Internal Only
Task Dependencies that are not marked as internal only
Board Team Members and their publicly available profile photos
Due date view
Taskfeed Board fields*
Taskfeed Task fields*
Taskfeed Category labels
Shared Notes Field
*Field-level security can be used to control field visibility
What is not shared?
Taskfeed Tasks marked as Internal only
Attachments or files
Chatter feed and posts
Custom fields that are hidden with Field-Level Security
Taskfeed Custom Labels