How can we improve Taskfeed?

Task Template - Enable Assignment to a Specific List or Detail

TF = Taskfeed

Utilising a similar function as with Reference and Predecessor Reference; use a TF List Reference on TF List and TF Tasks to determine the placement of the TF Task. In the event, no TF List from the TF Board matches then the TF Task should be placed on the default TF List for the TF Board.

As an Administrator,
I want to define what TF List a TF Task Template TF Task should appear on at create,
So that the TF Tasks are prearranged on List for optimal consumption by Users.

As an Administrator,
I want a native field that provides a TF List Reference,
So that the field's value can be referenced during Task Creation

As an Administrator,
I want a native field that expresses a TF List Reference,
So that the field's value is used to match with the TF List Reference Value at the creation of the TF Task Record.

Given a TF Task is Created via TF Task Template
When the TF Task has a Value in the TF List Reference
    And a TF List that has the same TF List Reference on the TF Board that the TF Task has as its Lookup(Taskfeed Board) is found
Then set the Master-Detail(Taskfeed List) to the TF List found.

Given a TF Task is Created via TF Task Template
When the TF Task has a Value in the TF List Reference
    And a TF List that has the same TF List Reference on the TF Board that the TF Task has as its Lookup(Taskfeed Board) is found
Then set the Master-Detail(Taskfeed List) to either the TF List that is set as Default or Lowest Sort Order when none are Default.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    George Weilenmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • George Weilenmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very much a match. We have accomplished it with a workaround described in the spec I provided via Process and Flow.

Listname and Listindex was not mentioned in the documentation for templates or we would have gone that route.

Are there any caveats to be aware of when using Listname?

• AdminAndy Mahood (Founder, Taskfeed) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi George, Thanks for leaving the idea. It sounds similar to a feature of Task Tenplates already have. So would like to clarify.

On a Task Template you are able to define a column called Listname or Listindex. Listname will match based on the Name of the cell matching the name of the List. ListIndex uses the number from left to right as the List appears on the Board.

Does this sound similar to what you were looking for?

Feedback and Knowledge Base